Day 2 of
Radvent was organizing - so I did some organizing yesterday! Earlier this year, Joe and I moved our bedroom from the basement to the main level. Our main level used to include a guest room and an office for each of us. Since our king size bed takes most of our new room, we had to convert an office into a "dressing room" for our armoire, dresser, and my clothes. So long story short, the basement now houses our desks, some bookcases, and our previous bedroom TV. And I hardly ever go down there. So my desk turns into a dumping ground for random things and papers that need to get filed.
 |
| My desk a.k.a. my junk drawer |
So I took some time to organize it yesterday. It took longer than I thought - it's doesn't have that much stuff on it, but it's all so random that it's hard to find homes for it.
 |
| Pay no attention to the desk behind it - Joe might need to do a Radvent Day 2 blog as well ;) |
My daily habit that keeps me organized is my budget in Microsoft Excel. I wanted to take a picture of it - but it's got all my financial life and that's nunya business :) To summarize, it has a tab for each year (history back to 2007 when I first made it) and in each tab it has every paycheck for the year, the bills that need to come out of each paycheck, and whatever is left over. It also has tabs for my check register, credit card balances, and savings goals. It keeps my financial life in order - I don't think I'll ever go without it!
No comments:
Post a Comment