Sunday, December 12, 2010

RADVENT - Creating

Creating a life
Joe and I created a little person!  Baby will be here in the summer (due July 1) - fortunately right before the summer heat gets unbearable.  Joe is calling the child (gender TBD) Carl because the ultrasounds have a "CRL" measure (crown to rump length).  I fought it initially but now it's kinda funny.  Baby Cop Carl Winslow!  Creating this little life has taught me faith, hope, and patience.  It has been a whole lot of new (and sometimes scary) experiences already but I'm excited to meet him/her in the summer and am hoping things continue to go well until then.

Radvent Day 8 is about Creating - Choose an object to symbolize your creativity and put it in a place you can see it every day.  I'm not a terribly creative person on my own - but I'm pretty good at executing creative things, if I do say so myself.  I have a bouquet I made from one of Princess Lasertron's felt flower bouquet kits - it's on our ladder shelf in our room.  I was able to incorporate buttons from my Grandma Albright's collection and even got a little creative sewing some vintage beads from her collection on the petals.  It reminds me that I'm pretty good at sewing - I should really do it more often and even learn some more skills.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are going to create the cutest little kid!!!

    ReplyDelete