Sunday, December 12, 2010

RADVENT - Inspiring

Radvent Day 9 - Ask someone you love to show you what inspires them. It’s a great exercise in seeing the world through someone else’s perspective.
I asked my little schwester, Karin Ashley, what inspires her.  She's an amazing person, with a chronically optimistic attitude and an unbelievable love for human kind.  Here's what she said:
Karin in Zambia, Africa on a medical mission trip
people who speak honestly, that aren't afraid to do or say really nice things. 

families that really love their special needs babies
colorful photos
caffeine
finding things I've never seen before
Sunday mornings at Coram Deo
watching people worship in other countries.  those Africans can jam!!

I like the range of her inspirations - from individuals' traits to music and art.  I can really see how these inspirations shape her personality and guide her everyday actions.  She's pretty fantastic.

I'm inspired by the people (and puppies!) in my life.  Those that never back down from their beliefs, that can create music and art from their imaginations, that love their family members and friends unconditionally, that get excited to see their owners every single time they get home, that make maintaining friendships a priority, that are driven to always be better, that cuddle like it's their job, and that make me happy to wake up every day because I can call them my friends.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment