Sunday, December 5, 2010

RADVENT - Forgiveness

Day 4 of Radvent is Forgiveness.  Who and what am I ready to let go of resentment toward?  I know this will be difficult - but cleansing at the same time.

Forgiveness is what makes - and keeps - friendships strong
I feel like I'm a relatively forgiving person.  I try not to hold a grudge.  But it's human nature sometimes, and no matter how hard you try, there are some things that are just difficult to shake.  It will be cryptic of course, but I'll know what resentment I'm ridding myself of, and that's the point, right?

What I'm ready to let go of:

  • a former friend that betrayed me and a friend of mine
  • a loved one for things they did in their frustration and confusion
  • the people in middle and high school that made fun of me (and likewise, I hope those I was mean to can do the same)
  • people that have talked behind my back, because God knows I've done the same to others
  • anything Gracie or Buster have destroyed of mine - they're doggies and they need proper attention like any other creature
What I'm not ready to let go of:
  • the way someone treated (and still treats) people should mean the world to them
I feel like these lists are shorter than I expected when I started out.  I'm trying to decide whether that means I forgive people easily or am just not digging deep enough.  If I decide it's the latter, I'll be back to add more later.  I can only hope it's because I'm a forgiving person - because I think that's a great kind of person to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment