So I want to start making entries about these fantastic people and why they're so important to me.
So first one is....husband! Of course!
I met Joe in 1998 in American Lit class. I was not cool in high school - and Joe was. We had class together and I started liking him but I was pretty sure he wouldn't want anything to do with me. Well, he did - and I asked him to Winter Formal and on February 6, 1999 we started dating.
No one can resist a girl in braces!
So here we are, 11 years later. And every day I am more and more grateful that he's in my life. He's adorable, he's hilarious, he's got a giant heart, and he's incredibly talented.
I am not really a creative person. I can execute when instructed - but creativity doesn't come that naturally to me. Joe, however, is incredibly creative. How someone can listen to a song and play along with it without written music is impressive. How someone can write music for an entire band based on sheer imagination blows my mind. That someone can have such a lifelong passion for something is just incredible.
And that is Joe.
Joe loves music. Joe loves his friends and family. Joe loves his little pieces of Shih Tzu. And Joe loves me. And that makes me smile.
Joe is one of those people that has 100 best friends. Everyone he meets and has a friendly conversation with is considered a friend to him. And because of that he has an amazing group of friends. He would do anything for them and I know they'd do the same.
So here's to Joe - love of my life, amazingly talented musician, best friend, fantastic teacher, and one day the father of our doomspawn.





You are the absolute best. I love you with every beat of my heart.
ReplyDeleteawwww that was just the cutest!!
ReplyDelete