Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Workin Hard for the Money

With my ever-expanding waistline it has become harder and harder to dress myself.  Luckily, maternity clothes have come a long way from the giant bulky maternity panels on jeans and mumus.
I think something that's really important while I've been pregnant is still feeling like myself (as much as possible!).  This includes feeling professional at work.  I'm an auditor and work in a business casual (on the business side) environment.  So needless to say, I can't get away with wearing maternity yoga pants at my job like a reviewer of the Old Navy ones I bought (I know, right?).
So here's my advice for looking and feeling professional while pregnant:  1) purchase a couple pairs of nice dress pants that go with everything, 2) get a good number of simple tops that can go with a lot of different sweaters, 3) make your current cardigans last FOREVER, and 4) stock up on bright, chunky necklaces. 
(Please excuse some of the mirror shots and the bad lighting - this time of year I leave the house for work at 7am and don't get home until 11pm or so)

Pants:  Gap Maternity, J Crew, and A Pea in a Pod
Shirts:  Old Navy Maternity, Liz Lange Maternity
Sweaters:  Xhileration, Liz Lange Maternity, and J Crew
Shoes:  Vice Camuto and Vanelli (my favorites!)
Don't let the J Crew Minnie pants fool you - they were only zipped up half the way!

Pants:  Gap Maternity
Shirts:  White House Black Market and Old Navy Maternity
Sweaters:  Xhileration and Banana Republic
Necklace:  White House Black Market
Shoes:  Vince Camuto
All my favorite necklaces aren't really represented here but I swear I wear them all the time!  It really helps spice up those plain white t-shirts under dark sweaters.

2 comments:

  1. You're so cute! I'm totally posting this on fash flood. xoxo Rah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! I look exactly like the bottom mirror pic today so I should upload a better one ;)

    ReplyDelete