Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Recap

January:  Rang in the new year with my husband at my BFF Jen's house!



Unfortunately, January was also the month that we lost my step brother-in-law to a tragic accident.  It was truly heartbreaking to see such a young and fantastic person leave us too soon.

February:  Mostly consumed by work - January through March is my busy season as a CPA.  Joe and I had officially been together 10 years on the 6th!  That is just nuts.  I love him lots.

March:  More work, work, work.  Hosted a bridal shower for Jen!  My sister helped make the most fantastic food and we got the Reel Martini to name a drink after Jen!




April:  Jen got married to Chad!  Their wedding was a fantastic time and perfectly unique to them!  Jen was gorgeous and I couldn't be happier she and Chad found each other.  Jen asked me to give a speech - such an honor!  Their photos were gorgeous and featured on tons of wedding blogs in the months to follow.




May:  I turned the big 2-7 - celebrated with good friends and grilled food!  Still working a lot at this point - but relief will come soon!  Made my presentation to the partner group for promotion to manager!  Probably the most nervous five minutes of my life.

June:  Went to San Francisco with my mom and sister.  Such a great time!  We went on a wine tour, had dinner with friends that live there, went shopping, ate AMAZING food!  It was a really fantastic time.






Joe and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary!  I love him like cooked foods :)



July:  Jen and I had a garage sale to raise money for our Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk.  The walk requires a minimum fundraising goal of $2,300 per person, so a fundraiser was definitely in order!  With help from family and friends and everyone who visited - we raised over $1,200!!!



August:  Big career month for the Mickeliunai (that's plural for Mickeliunas, by the way)!  Joe started full time as a social studies teacher at Omaha Central!  I am so proud of him.  I found out that I got that promotion I presented for back in May!!  I'm an Audit Manager now, woo hoo!

September:  Went to Chicago for my friend Sarah's bachelorette party!  It was great to celebrate with her and so much fun to get to know her friends better!

 

October:  San Francisco Breast Cancer 3 Day!  Team S.O.B. had six members this year for the three day, 60 mile walk.  This year it was FREEZING at night - which took a lot away from the atmosphere.  But I still had a great experience and was able to raise over $3,000 for the fight against breast cancer!



Our amazing friends Jon and Sarah got married!  Their wedding was gorgeous, of course!  And so much fun!  Joe was a groomsmen, played guitar, and gave a speech.  I was honored to be a reader during the ceremony.  Oh, and also their doggie Howard's handler :)





November:  Just Thanksgiving?  Can't think of much else -  just a bunch of working and watching TV.

December:  Winter Storm 2K9!  Omaha turned into the tundra.  Good thing we have an SUV - it saved Christmas :)



I love my sister and brother, by the way :)






Joe and I finally got out of Omaha on the 27th and went to Denver for a few days to visit his mom, step dad, and their puppy Callie.  She LOVED meeting Gracie and Bus!


No comments:

Post a Comment