Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What I Like About You: Schwester Edition

Next on my list of the amazing people in my life:  Karin Ashley.  She's my little schwester and I couldn't possibly ask for a better one!

She was born two and a half years after me but everyone thinks we're twins.  And I am ok with that because she's gorgeous and that must mean I look ok.  Ha!

Karin is an amazing person - she has the biggest heart of anyone I know.  She loves people unconditionally, she cares for them (saves lives, nbd), and does it with a fantastic sense of humor.  Seriously - read her blog or look through the captions on her facebook photos sometime - cracks me up.


When we were younger she drove me kinda nuts - messing in my closet (we shared a room for almost 15 years), stealing my clothes, making fun of the super dumb boyfriend phone conversations I had.  But now that we're older - we're such good friends and I look back at everything we've been through so fondly.


If someone asked me right this minute who my role model is - I wouldn't hesitate to tell them it's Karin.  She gives so much to people and asks for so little in return.
Just one example of this - she's been to Mexico numerous times to help with clinics in poverty-stricken areas lacking health care and has volunteered at a hospital in a village in Zambia.  And mostly all on her own dime!  She's going to save the world, I just know it.


She's also starting a nonprofit organization to provide counseling and other services for expecting mothers/couples whose babies will likely not survive long outside the womb, if at all.  See, I told you - biggest heart ever!


And for the final bonus jonas (for this post anyway) - she's an amazing cook!  She makes the most delcious food and I cannot wait for all the amazing memories that will be made while stuffing our faces with all that tasty food!


I have the best schwester EVER.

2 comments:

  1. karin is amazing and I'm glad I can call her a friend! we should all hang out again soon :)

    ReplyDelete