Monday, June 13, 2011

Yo Yo Yo Baby Pop!

The past month has been packed with so much fun and excitement - weddings, baby showers, and getting ready for the baby's arrival.  It's been very busy but so great to spend time with friends and family.  Some of my favorite moments from the past month or so include:
  • Our book-themed baby shower with our closest friends, hosted by Karin, Jen, and Sarah.  Baby got SO MANY wonderful books.  I loved seeing titles I used to own but haven't thought about in years (like The Jolly Postman and Caps for Sale!).  Here's a before and after of her bookshelf - our friends really spoiled us!
  • Two family baby showers (one with Joe's family and one with mine including chruch ladies).  At my family/church shower people brought diapers to donate to the Lydia House - we were able to take over 600 diapers down there for the women and children they support!  It felt really amazing to help out others like this and I plan to continue these type of activities in order to be a good example to our daughter.

  • My coworker and friend Mallory's wedding in St. Joe, Missouri.  So many of my coworkers made the trip down there and it was such a fantastic time!  She's a really great person and I was so happy to celebrate her special day!

Most of the crew I spend 15 hours a day with in Lincoln during busy season

  • Baby shower with coworkers.  They really spoiled us!  We got our "diaper dude" diaper bag (basically a messenger bag so Joe doesn't have to feel girly), a Baby Bjorn for Joe to carry the baby around in (I got a Moby wrap for myself), a Boppy Pillow, and lots of other little stuff.  One of the games we played was match the baby name with the celebrity couple - I totally dominated!

    
    Taking the Baby Bjorn for a test run...
    
  • Miscellaneous dinners and brunches with friends and family (nutella banana crepes especially!).

  • Pool time with Jen and Chad and her parents (lucky for you I didn't take photos of my nine month pregnant belly in a two-piece!)

  • My coworker and friend Christy's wedding - there were four whole tables of Deloitte people!  So much fun!

  • Getting the baby room all settled and ready for her arrival - just 16 days until she's due!

So I suppose I've turned into one of those people that only blog about their upcoming baby...  But really, it's pretty much consuming my life right now!


37.5 weeks - dressed up for Christy's wedding

Welcome to Earf plant from Karin and Jeremy!
Adorable felt flower puffs from Megan!
Sleepy Owl hat made by Jamielynn Hill (http://www.mymimilove.com/) - gift from Karin!
We almost bought it but waited to long and it was gone...
because Karin had bought it for us!  She's so sneaky (and wonderful)!

1 comment: